The right tech, at the right time
This start-up client knew it needed new enterprise systems to support its scale-up, it just didn’t know how to prioritize the process to ensure the overall company strategy could be realized. By creating awareness and building structure into each business function, One TEAM’s experts were able to develop a strategy to ensure the right technologies were – and would continue to be – delivered at the right time. Even after we’d gone.
“One Team Partners listens carefully to our needs and challenges my team to think of different ways to implement a solution that both addresses near term needs while laying a foundation for long-term success.”Sr. IT Director, Biotech company
The client asked for a technology integration strategy that would:
- Ensure the business met GxP regulations for new clinical product filing (IND filing)
- Support a novel automated therapeutic manufacturing unit
- Comply with enterprise data security and GMP data integrity regulations
- Scale the business over a 3 year period
Step one: CREATE AWARENESS
One TEAM will never implement technology for technology’s sake. So when this client asked for a new enterprise system(s), we made sure to carve out time for learning how the business worked, and where the potential blockers to successful integration might occur. Making time for awareness was how we spotted that the overall company strategy was really where we needed to start – without a clear understanding of the objectives, and alignment across functions, we wouldn’t know which enterprise system to prioritize.
Step two: BUILD STRUCTURE
We kicked off by creating business process maps of the entire business, and helping functional business units identify how they could deliver against the company strategy. This was presented to the COO as a strategic recommendation that had company-wide buy in, which they endorsed.
Over the 6-month project, One TEAM experts output:
- A 3 year enterprise technology roadmap that supported company strategy and objectives
- An enterprise integration strategy for selecting disparate systems which ensured that separate systems could be integrated within 3 years, without significant re-work
- A recommendation on which 2 enterprise systems to implement in the first year, (one of which was an ERP system). This included selection of the ERP system.
- 5 core IT policies which would serve as the foundation for company information security, risk management, and data integrity
If you’ve had a look around our site, you’ll know the third step in our process is ESTABLISH RITUAL. With this particular client, we set up the structure in such a way that rituals could be developed organically, by the people who would be performing them.
Thoughts from this client:
“I really appreciate the relationship I have built with One Team Partners over the past few years working together. Their approach is one that blends advisory with pragmatic solutions.”Sr. IT Director, Biotech company